Friday 16 March 2018

"How I learned to slash my power bill, with solar and storage"

Reposit phone app data (One Step off the Grid)

In the article linked below, Roger Rooney outlines his first year with solar panels, battery storage and Reposit battery management system at home in Canberra and how this has given a massive 81% savings on his power bill. His system is part of Canberra’s Virtual Power Plant (as is my system) and thus we earn Grid Credits of $1/kWh when power is taken from our batteries during peak demand times. This means, at times, we are sharing our stored power with others to help avoid blackouts.

His savings are substantial, as are mine and he states: “After 12 months, I am happy to report that my 25 panel solar array and medium sized battery set-up (together some better demand management) has meant my wife and I have cut our electricity bill down from $2,100 per annum to just under $32 average per month (~$384 per annum).”

Read his full story at: How I learned to slash my power bill, with solar and storage. By Roger Rooney, One Step off the Grid, March 14, 20018.
See also: My House and Graphs of my home energy use and costs updated in this blog. Julie May

No comments:

Post a Comment